A 1% Buyer's Premium will be added to the final Sales Price. All applicable taxes will be assessed based on the sum of the sales price and buyer's premium.
DW EL HURRICANRicky Bobby is a 5 year old gelding standing 14.3 with stout conformation. He sports a heavy hip, good muscle definition, and a keen head. This classy conformation paired with Ricky Bobby's unique coloring makes him the center of attention everywhere we go. He is as gentle and honest as they come and suitable for any level of rider with his sweet disposition. Fancy broke, soft in the face, uses himself well, and will watch a cow. Ricky Bobby has been used extensively on the ranch and is my go to horse, capable of any job. He has been used to brand calves, doctor yearlings in the feedlot, and sort pairs. He is perfect to take to the mountains for a trail ride as he is comfortable to ride and an easy traveler. He rides away from the other horses like a gentleman, crosses water, bogs, rocks, bush, and timber with ease. He has been hauled to breakaway ropings and will make you a winner! He is solid in the box, scores sharp, has a lot of run, and stops extremely hard. He has also been heeled on and works nice. Ricky Bobby loves attention and will meet you at the gate every time. He is just as gentle on the ground as he is to ride. Great to shoe, load, bath, clip, stand tied, etc. He exhibits basic manners in every thing that is asked of him and has been a pleasure to own. For more information contact Breanna Jenkins at (208) 351-6607.
Nomination & Grading Process - TOP HORSES ONLY SELL AT SALE
· Horses are nominated months in advance then scored using our rubric.
· Nomination Rubric (Click to View) - the higher the trainer & their horse score, the better their chances are of selling at our sale. Quality over quantity!
· 12 scoring areas: Trainer Status, Ownership, Loyalty, Pedigree, Age, Photos, Description, Conformation, Disposition, Body Condition, Bonus Points, & Performance/Riding Ability. +3 “Superior” is the score to shoot for in each category.
· Our job is to ensure each horse is a good fit for our sale and buyers as well as our sale is a good fit for all horses and trainers alike.
Sifting Process @ the Sale
· Arena work – Catch, saddle, all 4-feet easily picked up, bridle, ride off with tight cinch – no problem and lope away.
· Minor abrasions, cuts, or sores may be sifted unless it is likely to heal normally without veterinarian treatment and cause no long-term threat.
· Trainer understands that if their horse doesn’t pass all stages of Premier Horse Sale’s sifting process, they will be pulled from the sale and consignment fee is forfeited. If we decide they’re out, they are OUT! Bring your BEST!
Pre-purchase Soundness Exam & Images
· Trainers are required to provide a pre-purchase soundness exam including images. X-rays required consist of AP and Lateral radiographs of the navicular as well as Skyline Navicular views. Buyers understand that if they want additional images of horses or a pre-purchase exam of their own, they will have those done ahead of sale time at buyers’ expense.
- All horses selling at Premier Horse Sales are required to have a pre-purchase soundness exam done by a licensed veterinarian in order to sell.
- PPEs can be done as early as 4 months before sale day but no sooner. Vets are required to upload PPE information to our website, repository page, as early as 1 month before the sale but no later than 2 weeks prior to sale day.
- Pre-purchase exam should include but is not limited to clean x-rays (Left & Right Fore Foot DP, Left & Right Fore Foot Lateral, Left & Right Skyline Navicular View) and any other ex-rays deemed necessary by the veterinarian. Our PPE also requires a full veterinarian soundness examination.
- Some trainers will include hock and stifle x-rays as well as others but it’s not required. If buyers want more than the required PPE, they are required to get it done before the sale at their expense.
- X-rays are viewable on our website as early as 1 month before sale day up to sale day and then the system automatically deletes them when the gavel drops. We do not keep x-rays past sale day, hence it’s called a pre-purchase exam and not a post purchase exam.
- The deposit and inspection of X-rays, and access to the repository are subject to our Repository Terms & Conditions listed on our website. All buyers accept the Repository terms and conditions when accepting these terms and bidding at sale.
- Each buyer is encouraged to instruct their registered veterinarian to inspect the X-rays for each Lot and physically inspect each Lot prior to the purchase thereof. As provided in the Standard Conditions of Sale contained in the Sales Catalogue and on our website, each Lot purchased is purchased, at the fall of the hammer, with all defects and deficiencies, latent and patent, subject to the exceptions set out in the said Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale, or, announced prior to the auction of a Lot. The Buyer acknowledges that it is his sole responsibility to determine the quality, accuracy and completeness of the Pre-purchase Exam and to obtain independent advice with respect thereto from a registered veterinarian.
Bidding: Bidders have 4 options to bid: onsite, online, phone, or agent bidding. See our “Register to Bid” page to get registered for our next sale. New Bidders are required to provide bank contact information, and bank account number (last 4 digits) so we can verify your account in order to obtain a bidder number. All registered phone bidders are required to provide us with a payment form prior to bidding. Please know that all online & phone bidders are required to be registered by noon the day before the sale. Any online or phone bidders trying to register after this deadline, are not guaranteed to bid. All bidders must be at least 21 years of age. The highest bidder is the buyer. If any dispute arises between or among two or more bidders, sole authority to settle the dispute as he sees fit is reserved by the auctioneer and the decisions shall be final. Seller reserves the right to waive the sale (bids) of his/her horse before it leaves the ring. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any or all bids. The auctioneer completes sale of a horse at the fall of the gavel. We reserve the right to refuse bidding to anyone.
· Online Bidding: is provided by our company, MM Auction Services, LLC. Go to Premieronlinesales.com and you can find it under current auctions at that link. Click on “How it Works” to get started or call with questions. There will be a 1% online buyers fee applied to all online winning bids. Online bidders have 2 payment choices, credit card or ACH (e-check). A charge of 3% convenience fee is applied to pay with a credit card or debit card (International 4%). Make sure you plan accordingly and notify your bank of the charges. Any returned e-check charges will be accessed a $500 fee and required to wire the balance same day plus the $500 fee. International bidders have 2 payment options of credit/debit card (4% convenience fee) or wire transfer. Once we have verified your accounts with your bank, we will send you an “approval to bid” email. Watch for emails in your spam folder.
· Phone Bidding & Absentee Bidding: Serious buyers only! There will be a 2% buyer’s premium fee applied to all phone and absentee winning bids. To bid on more than 4 horses, you are required to first pay $100 per additional head to bid. This payment is non-refundable but will be applied to your final statement if you purchase a horse. In order to bid, you will need to fill out our phone/absentee bidding form. New bidders need to provide us with their bank contact information, bank account number, and copy of driver’s license.
· Agent Bidding: Buyer and agent are required to fill out the Agent’s Authorization Form and include a copy of the agent and bidder’s driver’s license.
Payment: Payment in full is required to be made to MM Auction Services immediately after the sale by credit card, cash or check. International purchases are payable by credit/debit card or wire transfer. A 3% convenience fee will be charged if payments are made with a credit or debit card (4% international). By making payment with your card, you acknowledge that you waive the right for a return of horse(s) along with any and all refunds of monies paid etc. in conjunction with any purchases at this sale/auction from MM Auction Services, LLC. MM Auction Services is a pass-through agency and does not hold funds for guarantees, returns or refunds of monies paid on animals purchased at auction. All current county and state sales tax rates will be applied to all winning bids. In order to be tax exempt, appropriate forms will need to be filled out and to our office before sale day or exemption will not be granted. All buyers agree to not place any kind of charge back on any payment made towards the purchase of any horse.
Private Sales: Absolutely no private sales with trainers either prior to the sale or after the auction. Trainers have given MM Auction Services, LLC Exclusive Rights for selling the consigned horses. All horses brought to the sale must go through the auction ring. Any horses “no sold” in the ring but sold outside are expected to report it to the office. We will leave it up to the integrity of the seller to make sure this happens so the seller will be welcome back to the sale.
Trainer’s Guarantee: Based upon representations made solely by the horse trainer, all horses consigned have passed our sifting process prior to the sale. All horses are sold guaranteed sound by the trainer only that at the time of sale the horse was sound of limb, wind, and eye unless other announcements are made from the auction block. This soundness guarantee shall be exclusively between buyer and seller only and does not include any other persons. Buyer understands and agrees that MM Auction Services is not responsible to perform any inspection or to independently confirm or verify the soundness of Trainer’s horse. Buyer understands and agrees that MM Auction Services is unaware of the condition of Trainer’s horse, and therefore is relying solely upon representations made by Trainer regarding the condition of the horse and that the horse is sound. All soundness guarantees do not include any time period following the sale including transportation. Buyers are encouraged to purchase equine insurance within 24 hours of sale time to protect their investments. Shall any soundness disputes arise; the buyer must contact the seller and settle the dispute between the two of them and Buyer agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless MM Auction Services, Colby or Codi Gines, Premier Horse Sales, to and from any claims, liability or damages which may be asserted by buyer of the horse on account of any breach of warranty, breach of promise or alleged misrepresentation. In the event it is determined that the defect was present at the time of sale, the trainer is required to trade the buyer a horse of same value. If the horse is determined not to have the alleged defect, the sale of said horse is valid and enforceable and purchaser assumes all costs of examination, treatment, and sale purchase price. Soundness does not guarantee pass of a check by any vet or trainer following the sale. Buyers are to ride and visit the horse before the sale giving them confidence they need to bid come sale day. If they want additional x-rays, they need to have them completed before the sale at their own expense. The buyer understands and agrees that the trainer of each animal (not MM Auction Services nor Premier Horse Sales) represents and warrants to the buyer, Premier Horse Sales, MM Auction Services LLC to include but not limited to the following:
· Title of the animal, free from all claims of ownership
· Sound of limb, eyes, and wind
· Not a cribber or wind sucker
· Not cryptorchid
· Not pregnant
· Be exactly what they represent them to be.
· If said horse is not what the trainer represents it to be, Trainer will take the horse back and give the buyers a horse that they claimed to have purchased. A decision needs to be made based on what is best for both parties. Whether the buyer did their homework or not, will also be taken into consideration.
Requirements for Transport:
· Brand Inspection – Required by the brand law states only on all sale horses: A brand inspection (AKA Ownership Papers) is included with horse payment at checkout and must be obtained from the brand inspector once you have paid for your horse(s), $10 fee charge.
· Coggins – Required for transport into and out of every state. All horses sold are required to provide a coggins test current within six months of sale date (provided by trainer).
· Health – Required for transport out every state. A veterinarian will be on grounds to provide all horses going out of state a current health inspection. Fees will be included with horse payment at checkout, $50 per animal (International Health is additional $250).
Transporters: We highly recommend that buyers hire a licensed and insured transporter. Yoder Equine Transporter is our sales exclusive transporter. Call ahead to get a quote @ 478-387-8582.
Equine Insurance: We highly recommend that buyers protect their investments and purchase equine insurance. Ingram Insurance Agency offers drop of the hammer coverage and is our exclusive equine insurance provider. All horses are covered from the time of sale for up to 24 hours. In order for this coverage to be effective, buyers are required to activate a policy within the first 24 hours. Call Jenifer @ 877-437-0300.
Care of & Pick-Up: Buyer assumes full ownership and responsibility of the animal from the time it is sold in the sale ring. It is the new owner’s responsibility and sole risk from the time of purchase for proper feed, care, and maintenance. Buyers will be responsible to pick-up purchased horse(s) immediately following the sale or a nightly boarding/care/feed fee will be assessed.
Warranty: There is no implied warranty made by auctioneer or Sale Company as to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any animal in the sale. The buyer agrees that it is relying upon any warranties or representations made prior to or during the sale to be made only by and on behalf of the trainer. Buyer agrees that MM Auction Services LLC and Premier Horse Sales are serving merely as agents selling said horse(s) for the trainer as the principle. The seller/trainer is the sole responsible party for all representations, warranties, and guarantees expressed or implied concerning the condition of any horse and buyers should satisfy themselves concerning the condition before purchasing. Trainers will not replace animal because of human/animal personality conflicts. Once again, buyers need to do their homework well in advance of the sale to find the sale animal that best fits them. The buyer and sale attendees further agree to hold the trainer, MM Auction Services LLC, and Premier Horse Sales harmless from all loss, cost and expense rising from illness, injury or death of such animal, or loss or damage to property, and injury or death of persons, caused by themselves, their agents, or employees, or by the animal, subsequent to the time of purchase.
· Sales Tax:
Reno, Nevada - Washoe County, Nevada applies an 8.265% Sales Tax
Fort Worth, Texas - No Sales Tax – 0% Sales Tax on all livestock
Las Vegas, Nevada - Clark County, Nevada applies an 8.375% Sales Tax
· Brand Inspection: $10 brand inspection fee/horse (not all states are brand states).
· Health Papers (transport across State lines): $50 health inspection fee/horse (International Health requires additional $250)
· Additional Buyer’s Fees: 1% Online Buyers Fee – 2% Phone Bidding Fee – 3% credit/debit card convenience fee (4% International)
Stalls following the sale: All horses can stay in their current stall until noon the day after the sale. They must be checked out no later than noon. Nightly boarding rates will apply.
Liability: Buyers, sellers, and spectators are cautioned to exercise care while attending the sale and enter premises at their own risk according to the laws of the state in which the sale is held (Nevada or Texas). Neither the owners nor any other persons connected with this sale assume any liability, legal or otherwise, for accidents to persons or property, before, during, or after the sale. Colby & Codi Gines, Premier Horse Sales, MM Auction Services, LLC; its principals, directors, officers, agents, employees and volunteers, and each and every landowner, municipal and/or government agency upon whose property this activity is conducted, shall not be liable for injuries sustained by anyone attending the Premier Horse Sales. MM Auction Services, LLC & its associates act as agents only and are not responsible for buyer/seller error or misunderstanding. All guarantees are for the benefit and reliance by buyers, and are strictly between the buyer and the seller of the horse. All animals are sold “As Is”. In further consideration of this sale, I agree to indemnify and defend Premier Horse Sales, MM Auction Services, LLC, Colby & Codi Gines, their agents and associates, from all injury, loss of equipment, loss of animal or damages to myself, my animals or damages or injury to others lien property from my animals, by entering this horse sale whether by negligence, breach of warranty, or any misrepresentation which is alleged to have been made about the soundness of any animal sold at the sale . The undersigned by executing this instrument delivers said agreement to MM Auction Services, LLC and Colby and Codi Gines and declares them free of any and all claims. If any claim or dispute is asserted or arises out of or over the sale or consignment of any lot or animal sold at auction, it is agreed that venue for any dispute shall be resolved exclusively in the Courts in the State of Wyoming, and that Wyoming law shall control this transaction or any claims or disputes which arise directly or indirectly out of this transaction in all respects. By purchasing a horse at Premier Horse Sales and/or executing this instrument, I verify that I have read the above information/terms & conditions in full and hereby agree to be bound by them.
1 N Main ST
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
All horses are required to be removed from the sale premises the day following the sale by 12 pm PST. Buyers are required to arrange transportation in order to meet removal times listed.
Bringing the Western Legacy back AGAIN to Downtown, Las Vegas! The Historic Horse Sale at the Plaza Hotel & Casino returns again during Cowboy Season! Buyers will prevail at the sale so rest assured to Buy with Confidence!! MM Auction Services, LLC would like to welcome you to our 4th Annual Diamonds in the Desert Premier Horse Sale at the Plaza Hotel and Casino, Showroom. We are excited to bring 75 of the Country’s PREMIER horses and trainers to Las Vegas during Cowboy Christmas for you to pick from. We have horses of all types and disciplines for each and every rider. All lots have various photos including a YouTube link, pedigree, description, x-rays, and pre-purchase exams. As a buyer, please do your homework and call trainers to find the horse that best fits you.