A 1% Buyer's Premium will be added to the final Sales Price. All applicable taxes will be assessed based on the sum of the sales price and buyer's premium.
Truly a once in a lifetime mule here! Nelly has been a member of our family for several years now and graduated from being my “go-to” mule to my children’s mule. This mule is a seasoned, solid, excellent all-around mule! Nelly has been working for a living on our 10,000-acre high desert cattle ranch; roping, gathering, sorting, loading-trucks, you name it! She is a flawless trail mule who will safely carry any rider, no matter their ability level. Negotiates all terrain with confidence, never gets rattled, not a spooky mule; Nelly is a confidence booster for the timid and a steady partner for the experienced. Ride her every week or once a year, and she’s the same! Excellent handle in the bridle moves off leg, SMOOTH stride at every gait – slow jog, balanced, collected loped. She has carried my daughters at their first horse, and mule shows and was a reserved high point champion in the youth division at the 2019 Gold Country Mule Show (with my 7 yo daughter). She carried the whole family at Bishop Mule Days 2021 in a variety of events from Leadline, Walk-Trot, Youth Showmanship, youth western trail, to the Dolly Parton Race. Nelly has been on several hunting and camping trips; she packs beautifully or will lead the string. Nelly lays down on command to mount or dismount. She is broke to mounted gunfire. When working cattle, she handles bullwhips, rattle paddles, and flags from in the saddle. This mule rides double, triple, bareback in any bridle or a halter. She is the first one to get caught. She is incredibly gentle and loves people. My youngest daughter has been leading Nelly since she could walk. This mule goes barefoot just as well as shod and is a dream for the farrier. This mule is a unicorn among mules and is sure to be loved by anyone! Skills: Trail, showing, ranch roping, branding, packing, beginner suitable. FMI call 573-881-4041
Horse and Mule Sale Terms and Conditions
- The highest bidder is the buyer. Any dispute between two or more bidders, sole authority to settle the dispute as he sees fit is reserved by the auctioneer, including the right to reject any or all bids.
- Terms of the sale are cash, bankable check or approved credit card.
- When a horse is sold, title shall pass to the buyer.
- Horses are offered for sale according to the laws of the State of Idaho, and the right to bid is reserved for all sellers in this sale. Sellers have the right to immediately declare NO SALE before the horse leaves the sale ring.
- Horses are at the buyer’s expense and risk and responsibility from the time of purchase, but no delivery will be made until final settlement has been made.
- There is no guarantee of any kind as to the soundness or condition or other quality of any horse sold in this sale except in a case where the owner makes a specific guarantee. In such cases, the guarantee is strictly by the owner and not the sale management.
- All registration papers will be held by the sales management until all checks clear the bank. Then they will be mailed directly to the new owners for you to transfer. If any buyer desires to obtain registration papers immediately, the horses must be paid for in cash. No drafts accepted.
- The sale management, auctioneers and employees act as agents for the sellers, but assume no liability for either buyer or sellers. Any representations made by the sale management are made on behalf of the seller.
- Every effort has been made to ensure correctness of the catalog. However, sales management, printer and auctioneer assume no responsibility for errors or omissions.
- Checks should be made payable to Salmon Select Sales.
- Sellers have the right to bid. The auctioneer may protect the seller.
- Any person attending this auction does so at his/her own risk and no liability, duty, obligation, and/or responsibility shall be imposed upon Salmon River Association, Inc., Salmon Select Sale LLC, any consignors or any of their agents, or Lemhi County, Fred Snook or any sale personnel for any accident, injury, mishap, theft, damage and/or any other harm, regardless of the source or imposition.
- Minimum opening bid shall be $2500.00 for horses and $2500.00 for mules.
- All online bidders will be charged a 1% buyer's premium. All phone bidders will be charged a 2% buyer's premium.
- All winning bidders will be charged $20/horse health inspection fee
- Liability: Neither the owners nor any other persons connected with this sale assume any liability, legal or otherwise, for accidents to persons or property, before, during, or after the sale. Premier Online Sales, MM Auction Services, LLC, Colby and/or Codi Gines; its principals, directors, officers, agents, employees and volunteers, and each and every landowner, municipal and/or government agency upon whose property this activity is conducted, shall not be liable for injuries sustained by anyone attending or bidding by online at Premier Online Sales. MM Auction Services, LLC & its
Salmon, Idaho 83467
All mules need to be removed by noon the day following the sale unless other arrangements have been made with sale management.
In 2000, retired USFS supervisor, John Burns of Carmen, Idaho (Carmen is the post office by the Fairgrounds) suggested a Mule Sale to Fred Snook, The Mule Sale would be on the Friday night before the Horse Sale. Fred said sure and the Mule Sale was born. Many Idaho/Montana mule owners were contacted but they were all dubious. John’s job was to get some mules and Fred’s job was to get some buyers. John went back east and bought a trailer load of good quality mules. Well, the first Mule Sale was held in 2000 with 22 mules and a dog for sale. The Sale was well attended, and prices were above expectations. Since then, the Mule Sale has grown every year. This year we are capping the mule entries at 50! Prices have increased from an average high of $2,800 to $5,300.